I’m tired and grumpy. Kid 2 is anxious about school because she knows things are different today, so she’s cranky with us about every little thing. My wife is sick. I’ve still got more paperwork to do than I have motivation for. I’m not being as effective at work as I’d like to be. Other stuff that’s private. Our local community open space still hangs in the balance, although it feels like the balance is against us. People around the world are being nasty and insensitive to each other:
- people are treating Barnaby Joyce poorly, and others around him
- thoughts and prayers in the wake of a mass shooting
- decades of something akin to genocide in Myanmar
- dark web paedophile guy got caught, but he’s just one
- Oxfam workers behaving poorly and the fallout from that
- people walking 400km from Yemen to escape, to be attacked by Saudis
So, I’m grumpy. Not depressed, just grumpy. After deciding that I won’t, I’ll probably go eat some more crap food. It won’t help for long, but time will. I’ll look forward to Taekwon Do on the weekend.
Cat Empire helped on the way to work – no more gloomy news, just meandering lyrics to tease the brain onto wandering thoughts.